As we get through our ever-expanding daily to-do list, fitting in time to spend with friends becomes a challenge. Our cherished friendships tend to take a backseat to the business of our work and other personal commitments. It’s important to spend time with friends whenever possible, and you may be thinking about setting up a reunion for old friends. They could be your best girlfriends from high school or your old college buddies. No matter the occasion, our seven helpful tips will help you plan a memorable reunion with your friends and look great in cute clothes while doing it, too!
1. Plan in Advance — Begin your reunion planning process by planning early to allow for ample time. Ideally, you should plan at least six months in advance to ensure as many people show up as possible to your friend reunion, especially if it’s around the holidays or if people live far away from each other. Planning the event in advance can also mean picking out your outfit in advance. That way, when the big day comes, the last thing you’ll have to worry about is what to wear. When in doubt, you can never go wrong with beautiful dresses and matching accessories to help your friend reunion look come to life.
2. ivvy Up Tasks — You don’t have to do it all alone. Divvy up tasks and consider creating a small reunion committee with the help of your friends or former classmates. The committee should be comprised of people who are reliable and enthusiastic about the reunion so they’ll stay focused and feel motivated about taking on tasks like selecting the venue, overseeing communication, and discussing everyone’s budgets.
3. Select the Date — Then you’ll want to select a date and time that works best for you and most of your friends. You can use a survey or conduct a poll with your friends to help gather availability. Ensure that scheduling conflicts are bound to arise around long weekends or holidays. If budgeting and time constraints are a concern, you may want to stay away from traveling around any major holiday or taking a long weekend.
Source: Jacob Lund/Shutterstock.com
4. Dress for Success — The way you dress for your friend reunion will depend on what kind of activities you’re doing. If you’re just getting together for dinner and drinks or a Sunday brunch, take a look at brunch outfits for inspiration. The key to dressing well for your friend reunion is to choose outfits that will help you look and feel confident. If you want to wear a flowy maxi dress for an effortlessly chic look, do that. If you prefer something more lowkey yet with a touch of sophistication, try skinny jeans and a fitted blouse.
5. Add a Special Touch — You can add a special touch to your reunion by wearing colors inspired by your school, such as if your school’s colors were blue and gold. You and your friends can wear cute skirts in your school colors. Bring back nostalgia by having your friends find mementos from the past like yearbooks, photos, or videos from that time. You can put them on display at the reunion to help spark conversations and reminisce. For even more interaction, arrange a surprise gift or rent a photo booth.
6. Include a Dose of Nostalgia — According to Social Tables, if your friend reunion also happens to be a class reunion, such as if you’re getting reunited with friends from college or high school, you may want to consider having a broader reunion than just your specific friend group. Before you start connecting with former classmates, gauge interest and see who would be interested in attending and helping plan the event. To help the event come to life, include a dose of nostalgia by asking them what they’d like to see at the event and what events were most significant to them from back in the day.
Source: Jacob Lund/Shutterstock.com
7. Capture the Moment — Depending on the budget for the reunion, you may want to consider hiring a professional photographer or videographer to help capture the event. If a professional is out of the question, designate the role of photographer to one of your friends. These photos and videos will serve as cherished keepsakes to allow all of your friends to relive that joyful reunion even after it ends.
The reality of planning a friend reunion can be daunting. You’ll have to think about scheduling, budgeting, and even getting people to communicate in a timely fashion. We hope these creative and practical tips will help you make your friend reunion an unforgettable experience.
As you rediscover your bond and learn new things about each other, capture these memories while dressed up in looks you’ll look back on fondly like cute women’s outfits. From something trendy to remember the exact period you met to a timeless classic like a little black dress, you and your friends are sure to look great while creating memories that last a lifetime.